Friday, December 13, 2013

Alice Ann Enjoys Potato Crusted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Jalapenos and Corn with Mole Sauce

                I am sitting here in a new restaurant in Europe that has started offering food not native to world around me but the the Americas. I just recieved the dish I ordered, a potato crusted turkey breast stuffed with jalapenos and corn with mole sauce. Almost every ingredient in this dish is foreign to me because they all are native to the Americas. The golden corn (also known as maize), spicy jalapenos, delicious turkey, potatoes, and peppers are new flavors to me imported here from different areas throughout the Americas. The meal was delicious and all of the flavors went together perfectly.
I am glad that I have found this resteraunt and to have had the chance to try all of these foods from the americas. Also, I now know that I am able to expand my palate and have new foods to be able to cook with. All of the foods that are being brought over are also providing me more chances to get nutrients so that I feel healthier overall and am eating more balanced meals. I was getting tired of all the olives, turnips, and onions, and now the people living in the Americas can have all of those.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment