Friday, December 13, 2013

The Amazing Hickory House Experience- Kadey

The Hickory House Experience

 

As I visit the lovely restaurant called the Hickory house, I look around and notice the interior design. There are some extremely extravagant pigs' heads mounted up on the wall. These heads increase the interesting aspects of the Columbian exchange experience. This restaurant is intriguing because on their menu, there are the most abstract slices of meat that I have ever encountered. Since this location is based on the old world exchanging items towards the new, animals such as horse, donkeys, and ox are specialties on the menu. Written as a side note on the menu, it mentions that Columbus brought with him some other animals such as: dogs, chicken, sheep, and goats, too. I tried a sample of each of these animals, and my thoughts were: the dog needed a little bit more pepper, the chicken needed more salt, the sheep was undercooked, and the goat tasted like beef. I most enjoyed the goat; therefore I took two servings of it home to the kids.

The main meal that I tried consisted of bacon bits mixed with a pinch of ferret, and topped with some black pepper. The side dish was broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower, and the drink was Mango tea. As soon as I bit into the bacon and ferret, my mouth started watering immediately. It was the most delicate, savory meat I have ever tasted in all my years. Saying this, I went in for the veggie dish. Although they were extremely fresh, there was definitely    something missing. I asked the waitress for some chili peppers, and she said that she was all out because they had all been exported to the old world. What a bummer!  I was upset, therefore I drank my mango tea, which was a little bit too sweet for my liking, and left.

After I got home, I began to feel sickly. I then went to the doctor, and got a checkup. They said that I had a rare disease called Malaria. I asked how I would have gotten that, and the doctor said that it comes from mosquitos. I then remembered that the old to new world brought over malaria. I must have ingested a mosquito accidently in my meal! What am I going to do?! Other than that, the meal was absolutely outstanding (besides the missing chili peppers needed).  

Thanks, a very sick, Kadey.

 
 
Mango Iced Tea | SpecialtyCakeCreations.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment