Sunday, December 15, 2013

Johnny's Deluxe Pizza- Loaded to the Max!

 

            Let me start off by saying that this dish is legit served down the street from our school on Roswell Road at Johnny's New York Style Pizza. Now as I was looking at the menu, I recalled a friend of mine, Juan, recommending the Johnny's Deluxe Pizza. I looked at its ingredients, and two of them stood out the most. These ingredients were the green peppers and the onions. I happen to redeem myself after what had happened Thursday in first period, so I told the waiter that I would like the Johnny's Deluxe Pizza with extra onions and extra peppers. I had 20 glasses of water while eating this pizza because of the tear-jerking peppers and the tangy tasting onions, but now, I feel as if I have overcome a huge stepping stone in my life.

            Now you're probably wondering, what do I have with onions and peppers? The answer to that is nothing; I was just very familiar with all other toppings except for those two. Onions are believed to have first originated in Asia and the Middle East. It is prestigious a crop that traveled east from the Old World to the New World during the Columbian Exchange. Onions were very important during this time because they are a very healthy vegetable, they could be used as a form of medicine, and they were also very inexpensive to purchase.

            The other ingredient, peppers, was also a part of the Columbian Exchange. Peppers are a crop that can be traced all the way back to Central and South America. During the time of the Columbian Exchange, this crop traveled west from the New World to the Old World. Peppers had many purposes back then. They could be used as an appealing, decorative item, a zesty treat, and also for medical purposes.  

-Glen Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment