Friday, December 13, 2013

Sanjay's Life-Threatening Chicken Experience

Last week I was at the local Indian restaurant (my house) because I never been there before. Here I was served by the waiter a special chicken curry dish. The experience was very life-threatening because hidden inside was a terrible surprise; the hottest pepper in the world, a ghost pepper. Before I noticed, I tasted the crisp, crunchy onion slices that disguised the taste. Along with the onions was the main ingredient skinless, boneless chicken breast. The chicken was marinated with lemon and tomato paste. At last, I took a bite into the ghost pepper, and my life flashed before my eyes. Out of nowhere Thomas came to the rescue and saved me with a gallon of milk.

The ingredients in the dish came from a wide variety of places. The Columbian Exchange helped transfer the different items from the New World to the Old World and the Old World to the New World. The interregional trade occurred, when the Europeans came to the Americas. They brought the main ingredient the dish, chicken along with the lemons that marinated the chicken and the onions that disguised the taste. The Europeans returned the tomatoes and the deadly ghost pepper from the Americas back to Europe. Without the help of Thomas I would have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment