Friday, December 13, 2013

Claire Cummiskey: A Multicultural Breakfast

On my most recent trip to a new restaurant, I tried a cozy little breakfast nook. Owned and staffed by a family who prides themselves in their multicultural background, all of the food was delicious and had a homecooked feeling. The coffee, bacon, and fresh fruit that I ordered were the dishes that stood out to me most. All dishes related to each other in that they came from the old to new world in the Columbian Exchange.
 
The coffee beans made a trip all the way from East Africa, where they are considered to have originated. It was like no other coffee I had ever tasted, and was definitely the best I'd ever had. The bacon was delicious, and having origins in Italy, the family explained how they use the same method for preparing it as their relatives from Italy. I could definitely taste the difference. Finally, I came to my fruit platter, covered with peaches, oranges, pears, and bananas, each imported from the old world to new world. They were all delicious, even though I'm not usually a fan of fruit. I will definitely be coming back to taste more of their multicultural, delicious food.
 
-Claire Cummiskey

No comments:

Post a Comment