Sunday, December 15, 2013




 



Today, after a long two months on my vegan adventures I wanted to celebrate and conveniently Joe's Barbecue spot in Midtown was hosting an event for online food bloggers. Upon, arriving I with bloggers Glen Warren and Aeral Robinson were seated and given menus where my eyes instantly went to the desert section. My eyes were assaulted  by the various choices that included; sweet potato pie, apple pie, and peach cobbler however, my eyes stopped when they saw the banana pudding.  I ordered two servings of  the banana pudding and after the first spoonful I was in love, all the ingredients coalesced into making one of the best versions of this southern favorite I'd ever tasted. After thanking my server I left and went home to start eating my second little treat.
  When I went home I began researching banana pudding and its ingredients for the blog ,but I became curious of my dishes history. Where exactly did "banana pudding come from"? This was a not so simple answer considering the melting pot of cultures that have  settled (some not willingly)  in the south bringing with them their rich culture and food!!! Upon, more extensive research I saw that the two ingredients of bannana pudding; bananas and sugar were important commodities in the folumbian exchange. Also, that they came to the "new" world through the old world.


Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

No comments:

Post a Comment